HOW CAN YOU HELP?
SIGN UP VETERANS!
- 85 veterans & guardians on each trip
- Consider being the guardian for the veteran you are helping to sign up. Often a family member will be guardian, but evaluate the situation and if a medical professional would best meet the veteran’s needs then discuss that scenario.
- Signing up WWII veteran applicants is our greatest need.
Current volunteer needs are:
- Veteran Outreach – encourage & assist Veterans you know in applying
- Fundraising…speak to civic groups, foundations, corporations, and other potential HFSI supporters
- “Meet & Greet” & “Welcome Home Operations”
- Ground Crew---Departure (5am) & Arrival (5pm)
Complete a Volunteer Application - Our HFSI Volunteer Coordinator will contact you very quickly..
- WE MUST RAISE ROUGHLY $42,500 PER FLIGHT FOR THE VETERANS’ TRAVEL EXPENSES
- ANY DOLLAR AMOUNT IS ACCEPTED - DONATION FORM THRU PAYPAL ON OUR WEBSITE
(CLICK HERE TO DONATE)
*IN-KIND DONATIONS are also very important
CLICK HERE FOR THE WHEELCHAIR SPONSORSHIP FLYER
A $100 donation to Honor a special Veteran, Relative, Patient, or Friend. This donation helps provide wheelchairs, parts, & maintenance for the chairs on future flights.
- Send handwritten “thank you” notes to Veterans
- You can send Mail Call letters year round to our PO Box.
- We greatly appreciate bulk "MAIL CALL" from schools, scouts, churches, businesses and organizations. This helps insure that every Veteran receives about 100 letters!
GET STARTED COLORING YOUR OWN TODAY!
- Flight day ends with a “Welcome Home” Parade at the Evansville Regional Airport when we return that evening at approx. 8:30 pm.
- Attend with friends & family. Bring flags, posters, & dress in your patriotic clothing. We normally have over 2000 HFSI supporters in attendance to cheer on our Tri-State Heroes.
- Follow us on our Facebook page on flight day for LIVE FEEDS from DC activities and flight arrival updates.